Monday 3 October 2011

Daily Fun

I love to write. Don't find much time to, though, between homeschooling and homemaking and ... many other things. But this year we have inaugurated a new daily exercise of 30 minutes of creative or expository off-the-cuff writing. And I'm enjoying it so thoroughly that I want to share. Sometimes I want to share one of my daughters' writings. Sometimes mine. I will only share theirs with permission, which probably means none of Lizzie's. At least, not for now.

Lizzie came up with the theme for today's write. Strawberries. Here's what I got:

Succulent and sweet with Springtime's nectar,
Tangy with the taste of dreams ahead,
Resplendent-hued, like clouds on the horizon
Aflame with rising light, enticing red;
Water droplets resting on their roundness
Beckon me and I no longer fight.
Eager for the burst of tingling flavour,
Resistless, longing, I can only bite.
Rapture greets me, capturing my senses.
I simply cannot stop at only one.
Enticing berries overwhelm my scruples;
Sorry dear, your breakfast is... well... gone.


1 comment: